North by Northwest School Technology Group

Technology for 21st Century Learners in Northwest Minnesota

Messages from all users are off two hours -- could this be a BIOS setting? Time on server set accurately.

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are the clients using Outlook or OWA? Do the client machines have the correct time and timezone?
Brian Norman said:
Are the clients using Outlook or OWA? Do the client machines have the correct time and timezone?
all machines are correct as well and using Outlook 2007
Using Outlook

Anne Dalbey said:
Brian Norman said:
We are Outlook on the inside and OWA from the outside. All workstations are reporting the correct time.

Anne Dalbey said:
Using Outlook

Anne Dalbey said:
Brian Norman said:
Mail coming from OWA is correct -- that makes this even crazier.

Seth Tramm said:
My guess is that, if all client and server machines are set correctly, it would stand to reason that the setting has to do with the DST change. I would suggest the following...

Most mail servers use a deviation from GMT (ex: GMT - 6:00 is our time zone) If you are working with two different time zones that use the same Coordinated Universal Time (Greenwich Mean Time) offset, upgrade your Internet Explorer browser to Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0. If you are using IE 7 or higher, do the following

To modify the time zone setting in the OWA client, follow these steps:

1. Start the OWA client.
2. In the OWA Navigation pane, click Options.
3. In the Current Time Zone list, verify that the selected time zone matches the local computer time. If it does not match the local computer time, click the correct time zone.
4. Click Save or Save and Close.

Let me know what you find!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Barb Nelson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service