North by Northwest School Technology Group

Technology for 21st Century Learners in Northwest Minnesota

Northwest Service Cooperative Technology Meeting

January 19, 2010

Minutes

Bagley High School (Thanks Seth)

Present: Barb Nelson, Northwest Service Cooperative; Randy Dahl, Greenbush/Middle River School; Mary Muller, Walker/Hackensack/Akeley School; Brian Norman, Waubun School; Germaine Carriere, Tri-County School; John Rikhus, Ada School; Seth Tramm, Bagley School; Bud Kading, Nevis School; (Mary Mehsikomer, NW Links via conference call)

NW LINKS: Mary went over the NW LINKS RFP that has been awarded to 702 Communications.  Mary will update at next meeting.

Talked about several upcoming workshops/seminars. 

Apple Seminar in Grand Forks on February 9, 2010

Feb 10 & 11 – TIES conference in St Cloud

Brainstorm Seminar in Wisconsin.  www.onalaska.k12.wi.us/brainstorm

There was a discussion about getting all the Service Coops in the state to work together to have a statewide technology seminar in Brainerd as the TIES Seminar is more for classroom teachers and media people.  Barb will investigate this.

There was a new SMART Notebook release.

Randy has contacted New Horizons for training.  He will continue working with them to try and get few tech classes for this summer.

There was a general discussion of Moodle.  Maybe the Northwest Service Cooperative could host a regional server for this application.

Is there a viable alternative to Skype? Gizmo 5. Microsoft Live Meeting and several more were discussed.

NComputing works well for testing purpose.  Several schools are using this.

Barb reminded the group that PLT CEU classes are scheduled for March 9 & 10 at the Best Western in TRF.  The cost is 175.00 per person per day.  The classes are filling up quickly, so get registered if you haven’t.  There is also a class scheduled for March 11th that is a repeat of the March 9th class.  So you can either sign up for March 9th & 10th or sign up for March 10 & 11.  The two days will cover your 16 hour CEU needs for the next two years.

The next meeting will be at the Northwest Service Cooperative on February 16th.  Kim Wolfe from Tangent will be presenting.  Please let Barb or Randy know if you have items for the agenda. 

The April 6, 2010 technology seminar in Crookston was discussed.  If anyone has ideas for seminars and/or vendors, let Barb know.

The meeting adjourned at 3:00

Views: 11

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would like more information on these if you have it .... thanks.

And, I am guessing if I don't know what PLT training is .... I don't need it?
The apple seminar link is http://edseminars.apple.com/event/2265

Ties Website is http://www.ties.k12.mn.us/Coordinators_Conference.html

PLT is Powler Limited License. You probably don't have a license.

Maureen Moris said:
I would like more information on these if you have it .... thanks.

And, I am guessing if I don't know what PLT training is .... I don't need it?
"Powler"?? I get it, you mean Prowler, which is an Artic Cat model isn't it... If I would have known it was a snowmobile test riding class I would have signed up!!! :)
Funny......

Brian Norman said:
"Powler"?? I get it, you mean Prowler, which is an Artic Cat model isn't it... If I would have known it was a snowmobile test riding class I would have signed up!!! :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Barb Nelson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service